I’m enjoying summer and especially that Girls Generation released a new song! I got inspired by Yoona’s look in the MV and decided to try to recreate it, so here’s a tutorial^^
Disclaimer: I’m wearing eyelash extensions so that’s why I’m not applying mascara, otherwise I’d use the Innisfree microcara.
If you enjoy it or have any other tutorials you want me to try out please comment below 🙂
* Too Faced HangoveRx
* Etude House Beauty Shot Face Blur primer
* Covergirl Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation “810”
* L.A Girl Pro HD Concealer “Classic Ivory”
* Etude House Aloha V-Line Slim Maker “01 Sun Gold/Warm Brown”
* NYX Baked Blush “Foreplay”
* MAC Mineralise Loose Powder Foundation “Ivory”
* It’s Skin It’s Top Professional Easy Loook Eyebrow Palette “01”
* L’oreal Instant Age Rewind Concealer “Fair”
* Kiss Me Heavy Rotation Eyebrow Mascara “Yellow Brown”
* Too Faced Semi-Sweet Palette “Coconut Creme”
* Chanel Le Crayon Kohl Intense Eye Pencil “Graphite”
* Aritaum Mono Eyes “88 Royal Purple”
* Etude House Cherry Tint “Cherry Hot Pink”
* Etude House Color In Liquid Lips “PP501 Purple In Pink”
* Tony Moly Luminous Goddess Make-Up Mist
I heard a lot of good things about the Mizon Snail Recovery Gel from its users online, but when I lived in Korea I never heard anything about this product. Actually I only saw ads for the Mizon CC Cream which seemed really popular and therefore I always wanted to try out the brand Mizon. But when living in Korea I never saw it in shops at all, I even went looking for it but without luck, it seemed to be only available online.
I’ve tried snail skin products before and had good experiences with it and therefore this cream really disappointed me. I before tried the Holika Holika snail cream and ampoule, which helped a lot to soothe my skin redness, also made my skin look more youthful and when using it I got less blemishes.
The Mizon Snail Recovery Gel did help soothe a little redness when I put it on before going to bed but otherwise it broke my skin out and felt so sticky on my skin. I even noticed my pillowcase sticking to my skin even when I waited to go to bed when using it. This product really disappointed me.
It’s a very cheap product, but I would rather any day spend more money buying snail products which I know are good, like the snail creams from both It’s Skin and Holika Holika (with the ampoule).
I did use up the whole product based on the hope that I would get a positive reaction to it after using it a few weeks, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case for me.
My skin is sensitive, has a lot of redness and is partly oily and I have suffered from acne since I was 13, I’m now 25 years old.
I still would like to try out the Mizon CC Cream in the future.
The Face Shop Power Perfection BB Cream “Light Beige”
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer “01 Fair”
Rimmel Day2Night Glam Eyes Mascara “Extreme Black”
Etude House Dr. Mascara Fixer Perfect Lash
Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
ARITAUM mono eyes “101 Mods Coral”
Stila eyeshadow “Kitten”
Lorac Mega Pro Palette
It’s Skin It’s Top Professional Easy Look Eyebrow Cake
Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher “Grapefruit Jelly”
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture lipstick “52”
I first have to assure everyone that there WILL be more posts and that this is just very small part of the make-up I bought since I came back to Korea in January…
Etude House Lash Perm Waterproof Mascara
I really enjoy using this mascara, because it definitely lives up to the “waterproof” part. Just one problem – it’s tricky to get off. That’s why I after a while started losing more lashes and therefore went back to my old favourite make-up remover from Tony Moly “Tony Moly Clear Magic Lip and Eye Remover” (picture below), which is amazing. It really removes all waterproof mascara. I tried Clinique‘s waterproof mascara but I found that it does smudge, unfortunantely. It really made me disappointed. However, the Lash Perm Waterproof Mascara from Etude House stays on all day, even on the bottom lashes. Avoid rubbing your eyes though, cause that can make it crumble or flake a little. Also this product is well used, as you can see on the container, as the text from it is almost gone, so this is definitely one you can trust my opinion on.
I went to a dermatologist here at a hospital in Seoul and this is actually the facial wash they use at the dermatologist department of the hospital. It’s Neutrogena’s Sensitive Skin Solutions Foam Cleanser and I really like it, it’s so soft on the skin. Since I came back to Korea my skin has been worse and this really helped my sensitive skin issue I’ve been having these last few months. It’s such a savior.
FROM THE TOP:
1. It’s Skin Aloe Toner: This product is amazing. I also got it on sale and it was recommended to me by a girl working in the It’s Skin store. I explained to her the skin troubles that I’d been having lately and she straight away said that I should buy this one. Also it was the cheapest toner they had (around like 6000 won/6$) so I was a bir suspicious to it to begin with. But it’s amazing.
2. Skinfood Thermal Cleansing Water: This product works, but not to the extent that it says it should. The product is supposted to be able to clear off any make-up off your face but actually it didn’t do that at all for me, no matter how long I stood trying to get it off with the Cleansing Water. Disappointment.
3. Missha Perfumed Fresh Deodorant Aqua: The first week of using this deodorant I was really impressed by it, but all of a sudden, after that first week, it COMPLETELY stopped working. I definitely don’t recommend anyone else to try out any of the korean brand deodorants. I don’t think there’s any Korean deodorant product that really works on foreigners….
Nature Republic Collagen Dream 70 Eyecream
As it says it contains collagen, it’s supposed to give you that puffy eye-look that young korean entertainers have under their eyes, but I didn’t really see that much of an improvement on that in me. It does however make me look less tired, but I also notice if I’ve forgotten to use it. I don’t think I’ll buy this product again, by now it’s half empty, but that’s mostly for me to see if I can find an eye cream that is more suitable for me. It’s not very expensive, and worth trying out.
2PM’s Nickhun doing commercials for face masks^^