I heard a lot of good things about the Mizon Snail Recovery Gel from its users online, but when I lived in Korea I never heard anything about this product. Actually I only saw ads for the Mizon CC Cream which seemed really popular and therefore I always wanted to try out the brand Mizon. But when living in Korea I never saw it in shops at all, I even went looking for it but without luck, it seemed to be only available online.
I’ve tried snail skin products before and had good experiences with it and therefore this cream really disappointed me. I before tried the Holika Holika snail cream and ampoule, which helped a lot to soothe my skin redness, also made my skin look more youthful and when using it I got less blemishes.
The Mizon Snail Recovery Gel did help soothe a little redness when I put it on before going to bed but otherwise it broke my skin out and felt so sticky on my skin. I even noticed my pillowcase sticking to my skin even when I waited to go to bed when using it. This product really disappointed me.
It’s a very cheap product, but I would rather any day spend more money buying snail products which I know are good, like the snail creams from both It’s Skin and Holika Holika (with the ampoule).
I did use up the whole product based on the hope that I would get a positive reaction to it after using it a few weeks, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case for me.
My skin is sensitive, has a lot of redness and is partly oily and I have suffered from acne since I was 13, I’m now 25 years old.
I still would like to try out the Mizon CC Cream in the future.
This massage pack has been raved about all over the internet by many many girls and beauty bloggers/vloggers so I thought I should give it a try.
It mostly known for its whitening effects, but I wanted to try it for its face clearing detoxing effects. The pack is supposed to be massaged into the skin and then left on for about 10 minutes and lastly washed off with warm water.
I included several pictures of the product. Mine was bought in a Tony Moly store in Hongdae, Seoul, South Korea so there’s no doubt that it’s the REAL/AUTHENTIC product. I’ve heard previously that a lot of people who bought the product online got fake products, that don’t look the same. Therefore, please use these pictures below as reference to know that you got the real Tomatox Magic White Massage Pack since there’s so many scams that can happened to you when you’re shopping online. The pictures are all taken with my Canon EOS 650D DSLR, so just click the picture to get the full sized photos.
Pros with the Tomatox Magic White Massage Pack:
* It does show whitening effects straight away
* My skin feels softer and looks clearer after
* It does improve my skin quality and defy a lot of the redness I usually have in my skin on a day-to-day basis
* The product formula doesn’t tense the skin up or irritate the skin
* The product does last a long time, so you get a lot of product for your money
* I would definitely buy this product again or recommend it to a friend
* Price, it’s pretty cheap, only 9800 KRW
Cons with the Tomatox Magic White Massage Pack:
* The whitening effect only stays a few hours, whereas the redness soothing effect stays longer on the skin
* Since it detoxes skin it can break you out, but if your skin is dirty, the dirt sometimes needs to come out, and not fry away into the skin, and this way is probably a lot healthier for your skin than salicylic acid and other acne treatment ingredients.
Here’s some more pictures of the product:
Finally, since my skin already is so pale, this is not a product that I will buy again.